Raising Our Voices is based on the results of a focus group with Asian immigrant women and Asian American women from different backgrounds.
The following Voices from the Focus Group comprise the main sections:
The report includes major recommendations to service providers and the Appendix Section includes national listing of organizations devoted to Asian battered women.
- Redefining Violence in Same-Gender Relationships
- Different Characteristics of Abuse
- Identifying the Batterer from the Survivor
- The Need to Respond to Emotional Safety
- Creating Models for Healthy Relationships
- What Does it Mean for Queer Asian Women to Feel Safe?
- Making your Agency a Safe Place
- Addressing Safety in the Community
- Batter Services Are a Service to the Survivor
- Is the Criminal Justice System an Option?
- Helping One of Our Own
- Considering the Impact of the Survivor
- Breaking the Cycle of Violence in the Community
- Community Responses are Key in Addressing Relationship Violence
- Holistic Services: Widening Our Vision of Who we serve and How We Provide Services to Them
This report is available online click here